Courtesy of Dr Mallika Joseph
- 125g Anods milk choco buttons
- 200g Sugar
- 100g butter
- 1/4 cup oil (canola)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp Anods cocoa powder,
- 250g flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tbsp coffee
- 1 tsp chocolate essence (optional)
- 200g Anods dark couverture 55%
- 1 cup thick cream or 1 tbsp butter.
- Icing sugar
- Double boil the chocolate until melted
- In a separate bowl, mix oil, butter, sugar beat until soft.
- Add eggs one at a time until combined
- Sift the baking powder, salt, flour together and add in to the mixture.
- Add Anods choco buttons and mix.
- Add coffee and vanilla directly in to the bowl. (optional – add chocolate essence)
- Mix and pour into a line buttered tray bake for 45-50 minutes at 180oC. Bake in an 6.5-7 inch tray.
- Double boil chocolate till it’s melted. Take off heat if it is too thick. Add a little icing sugar and pour over cake.
Watch Dr Joseph's demonstration here